When you are ready to buy new shoes, it is important to keep function and comfort in mind. Fashion should be secondary. Tips for helping to pick out the right shoes for you include shopping for shoes later in the day as the feet expand as the day wears on, measuring your feet, and trusting your comfort level at the time of trying on the shoes. Well-fitting shoes will not need a break-in period to feel comfortable. Furthermore, bring the foot coverings you plan to wear with the new shoes to the store, make sure there is at least a half-inch between the longest toe and the end of the shoe, and pay attention to the width as well as the length of the shoes. If you have additional questions about purchasing the right shoes for your feet, it is suggested that you consult with a podiatrist who can best direct you.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of Dr. Jeffrey Lerner from Palm Beach Podiatric Center. Our doctor will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our offices located in Wellington and Boca Raton, FL . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.